Friday, January 23, 2009

Disneyland - Take 2!!

So my mum rings me up the other day looking for a favour, which usually means she wants me to give the kids a lift somewhere/help with homework/do all the santa shopping etc. But this time the "favour" she's asking me to do is bring my younger siblings to Disneyland. They've been hassling her to take them for ages to bring them but she's not arsed so I'm really "helping her out".

FUCKIN FREE TRIP!! YEEEAH!
I used go away on a lil trip every couple of months, thanks the the joys of Ryanair, but due to my inability to get a job, I haven't been away since I got back from Canada last August. So this is the best shit ever. I'm so stoked. Even though I have to go with my siblings, and I went to disneyland last year and it's not as amazing as I had dreamed all my life.
Just thinking about planning what to bring and packing one of my new bags and my new vanity case that I got for christmas, and getting a plane and going to stay in a hotel with a swimming pool and getting to go on ALL THE ROLLERCOASTERS unlike last time, arrrgh it's just too exciting!!!

So I'm going in like 3 and a half weeks and I'm staying in this here mad snazzy hotel:


Best thing about it... BUFFET BREAKFAST! In France, the fucking land of chocolate crossaints!! I'm gonna eat ALL the food. Actually no, the best thing is that my parents are paying for it. I actually couldn't be more excited. I feel so spoiled. AND THEY THINK I'M DOING THEM A FAVOUR.

Best of all this is totally distracting me from the fact that I have still had no luck on the job front. Things are really starting to look pretty bleak and I'm doing my best not to give up all hope of getting to go on my loooong awaited J1. Argh.

Anyways. Life rules. So does breakfast. In my efforts to be more productive I've been spending a lot more time cooking and making delicious food. I've been spoiling Derry rotten. This morning I made a full vegan fry-up, yesterday I made vegan pancakes, and the day before I made vegan grilled cheese bagels (I was starting out slow). I'm thinking french toast tomorrow.

I've also been working really hard on trying to eat like a normal person. Today I ate mushrooms, onion and butternut squash. I don't think I've ever eaten three vegetables in one day before. There has been very, very, VERY few days in my life that I've eaten even one vegetable. I'm making a huge effort to wean myself onto them. Last year I began eating jalapenos (only from the cinema), and I have since moved onto chili peppers (which I now put in EVERYTHING) and... well yeah that's pretty much it. 2 vegetables. Wahoo! So today was great progress.

Jogging is not going well, I think I'm getting unfitter. But I reckon it's a lot to do with the shitty weather. It's hard to push yourself to go another lap or whatever when there's rain in your eyes and the cold is making your chest hurt and your nose is running like crazy and the wind feels like it's slapping you in the face. But at least I haven't quit yet!

Someone get me a job please and then my life will be complete.

And listen to Think I Care and then your life will be complete.

1 comment:

Darragh said...

i stayed in that hotel, it is well swanky.

just hope your room is near the lift, it took me like 15 minutes of walking to get to mine