Tuesday, December 21, 2010


So I have FINALLY gotten a job. I officially live here. Up until now everything was up in the air and I honestly didn't know if the whole Japan thing was going to work out. Myself and Derry had started working on our backup plan which was to move to Korea, because going back to Ireland with our tails between our legs was not an option.

The job seems awesome. It's in a Bilingual preschool in Tachikawa, which is about 30 mins away from where we live. I only have to teach a couple of classes a week, so I won't have to spend ridic amounts of time planning lessons, and the rest of the time I'm just there to participate in the activities and talk English to the kids to provide a bilingual environment for them. Easy!

It's slightly less money than I had hoped but I suppose for someone with no experience coming in at the middle of the school year, I can only be so picky. And it's still double what I was making at home! Furthermore, it's a LOVELY school and I'd much rather work with kids singing songs and going to the park than teach 40 year old men the functions of the present perfect progressive tense, ya know?

My next step will be to start the application process for my visa, and to start looking for private students to tide me over until I start working full time, because I don't start until February and I'm definitely going to run out of money before I get paid in March! Uh oh!

I'm feeling pretty positive about everything, which is good because I had just about given up hope, and I really didn't want to go to Korea, haha!

Yay Japan!

No comments: