Sunday, December 26, 2010

On Christmas Eve we had a little party. Ray, one of the lads we live with, made loads of food, including delish meatloaf and chocolate scones, om nom nom. Derry made tofurkey, which turned out quite well! I ate a ridiculous amount of cheese and crackers.
Derry's mum had sent over a Christmas Cake and some Christmas pudding. These went down quite well with the Japanese folk. I found it very amusing to see people eating Christmas cake with their chopsticks :)

On Christmas day we exchanged our gifts. Derry got me a hair dryer, a curling tongs, a ring, loads of Pocky and the best teddy bear ever. Derry Claus fuckin rules. We went into Shinjuku in the afternoon to have a Christmas pint with Sean Lugosi in Dubliner's Irish Bar! We don't know Sean very well but it was great to see a familiar face and to hear his impressions of living in Japan. I got a pint of Strongbow for 1000Yen (€9.19).

Then we came home and made our me-xmas-ican feast. I ate 5 tacos and a giant portion of nachos. I'd been craving mexican so bad for the last few weeks so it was awesome. We watched Elf while we ate.
After dinner we Skyped both of our families in Kildare, Laois, Dublin, Offaly and Chicago. We finished off the day and the bottle of Captain Morgans, watching Bad Santa and Home Alone with our fave roomie Ryuta:
An interesting Christmas to say the least.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Hi there!
Happy I found your blog! It's lovely! Lots of nice pictures and good inspiration.. Thanks for sharing darling! Cute teddy, keep posting!

Wanna be followers? Let me know!

Love from Stockholm.. xoxo!