Thursday, November 20, 2008

Casper/Esteban

I finally got my car today after a painful wait. It's awesome! He doesn't have a name yet, it's a toss-up between Casper and Esteban. He's a bit of a fixer-upper, ie. missing a rearview mirror, a handle for opening one of the back windows, a spring to keep the passenger door open, there is also childlocks on the backdoors that I can't figure out how to turn off and a good few scratches and some other little things that I can't remember.

But I have high hopes, and it's still a huuuuge step up from my last car. I am in love.

I have a cd player now, and although I'm sad about not being able to play my car tapes anymore, I broke into my old cd collection which I haven't looked at in about two years. I broke out my Destiny's Child Survivor album especially for Lally, Counting Crow's August and Everything After and a quality mix CD that Laila made me in 6th year comprised of Tsunami Bomb, Senses Fail, Sublime and other class tunes.

I got stung by the gardaĆ­ for getting stuck in a yellow box earlier. It was a disaster. I didn't have tax or insurance cuz I'd only had the car an hour, and I didn't have my licence cuz my wallet got robbed. The cop was a total prick and he fined me €60 which is seriously excessive for being in a yellow box. Wanker.

My day was good apart from that. I picked up Lally and Mags, got some Tin-Tins and then went to the Kimmage gaff and brought Chris for a spin. I have a good feeling about many road-trips to come.

I'm gonna stop talking about my car now, I've been wrecking everybody's head for the last week.

I'm up to date on Gossip Girl and I honestly don't know what to do with myself.

Shitting my pants about how soon the Ceremony gig is.

No comments: