Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sunshine


I got my car just over a year ago. Her name is Sunshine. This was not my choice, it was my sisters car for 3 years and she named it. When my sister starting working as a doctor, making €7billion a week, she gave the car to me.

At first I was bit distraught at the fact that the stereo only had a tape player. So before I got a connection for my MP3 player, which was seriously dodgey, I made tapes to listen to on my journeys. I got bored of this, but then OTHER people starting making me tapes, and that was awesome.

I love mixtapes. I think its awesome when somebody goes to the bother of making one for you, even though its so easy to cheat now, cuz you can just make a mix cd and then tape that, but even that is a lot of effort by my standards.

I got one from Chris, Ash and Fry. Fry's was disappointing to say the least (no offence, buddy). I was expecting amazing Funkacise hits, but in reality, it was just a few good tunes among a whole pile of crap. Chris and Ash's tapes were both awesome. Lots of other people promised tapes but they have yet to appear. I'm looking at you, Zach Golden.

Today I got a tape from Derry. I've been waiting for this one for a long time. A long, long time. And in true Derry form, it's not until I no longer have the use of Sunshine, and therefore no use for tapes, that I receive it. I love Derry with all my heart, but he is a tad bit useless. And I am an unappreciative bitch.

As I have mentioned previously, Sunshine is broken. She has been off the road for over 3 weeks, and I don't know if I'll ever drive her again. As sad as I am about saying goodbye to my first car, I am excited about the prospect of a new car. Daddy pretty much said he'd buy me one. Yes, you heard me. Daddy's buying me a new car. I feel spoiled rotten, and I'm loving it.

I asked my mum could I borrow her bike while Sunshine is off the road, because I despise getting the bus, and she said no. Her reason was because she didn't want it stolen or damaged or lost, and then made up ridiculous lies about how she uses her bike all the time to cycle to Howth to buy fish. I don't know why my mother thinks that I destroy everything I come into contact with, but in any case, I'm still getting buses. I'm kind of used to getting the bus again. Although I still hate it with a firey passion.

I was in town yesterday and Chris was buying christmas presents for people. I got a bit unnerved because christmas is not far off and I have no job or prospects of money for christmas presents. Ok, christmas is fuckin ages away, but shopping in december is the worst shit ever.

Derry keeps telling me what I can buy him for christmas. Flannel pyjamas is the most recent one. For some reason, the thought of buying my boyfriend flannel pyjamas for christmas makes me feel horribly old. I feel like I should be calling him my partner and never having sex.

I don't want to get old.

No comments: